In Search Of Mr Perfect (Episode 7)


Kissing her with incredible tenderness, he slid his arm around her waist and reached for the light switch.

"Welcome to my home." He whispered softly against Imabasi's ears.
Her eyes widened at the beautifully furnished apartment.
The sitting room shelf had medals and award statues lined up on them.
There were over ten scented candles which had strawberry, berry bloom and cherry scents. She felt like she was in a perfume factory. This was just the type of life she wanted, the kind of man she wished for; perfect without flaws in all ramifications.

Troy was tall, handsome and above all intelligent. He was a clean guy with a good taste. He was an Introvert, romantic and very loving; Just what Imabasi had always wanted.
He pulled her tightly against his chest, she felt the certainty and the power of his words when he spoke against her ears.

"I am happy to have you right in my house, right in my arms."
"I love you too." She replied softly. It was the first time she ever said that and meant it with her whole heart.

A smile edged his lips. his intense hazel eyes were practically glowing.
"I cooked. I love cooking and it's something I enjoy doing for someone I love." Troy said, as he held her hands to the dinning table.

"What did you cook?" Imabasi asked looking amazed at the bowls on the table.
"Potato and beer soup, steamed lemon pudding with treacle sauce and I made earl Greg tea spritzer." He said softly as he opened the bowls one after the other.
He carefully led Imabasi to a seat, and handed a plate and a scooper to her. " Dish whatever you want." He said.

Imabasi was grateful, she felt special and well treated by Troy. Her instincts was right about him, he was just that perfect man she had always wished for.
"What about your family?" Troy asked.

"Ugh, My mom and dad are in Nigeria. Akwa Ibom state Nigeria..."
Troy giggled, "I have never heard of such a name before. You know the first time you told me your name, I had to write it down on my pad, so that I won't forget."
Imabasi gave a soft smile, and then continued. "I have a brother in Romford. He is a medical doctor, he works there."

"Great. Well, I am the fifth child of my mama. We are five boys. My mama lives in Croydon, I visit her once in a three months. She and my dad got separated when I was younger." He said, as he spooned a heavy load of the lemon pudding with treacle sauce in his mouth.
"I will love to see her someday." Imabasi said softly.

"Sure baby, sure. She would love to see you too."

Moments after they finished eating, Troy cleared the table, while Imabasi assisted him in washing the dishes.
"Do you have a girlfriend?" Imabasi asked calmly.

"No, I won't be asking you out if I did. I used to have a girlfriend, we broke up after I discovered she was cheating on me. Maya was bitch. But I'm glad I have found true love with you." he said drawing close to Imabasi. "What about you? Do you have a boyfriend?"
Imabasi shook her head. "I have not dated someone for over two years now."

"You were meant for me." He said huskily.
A fierce longing swept through her, speeding up her heart, as Troy grabbed her wholely to himself.

As their gazes locked, a strange sense of peace settled over her. She turned away, frightened by the intensity of his gaze. But he held her face and kissed her like his life depended on it.

"I will hope for many more days like this." He looked deep into her eyes. He took her chin, and turned her face up to his.
"I hope you won't break my heart my darling?"

At that moment she wanted nothing more than to tell him how much she loved him.
She wanted to tell him how lucky she was to have him. But she couldn't, she was mute for a moment, letting the words hang on the air. She kissed him again, even more passionately.


Credit: Vicky Bon
In Search Of Mr Perfect (Episode 7) In Search Of Mr Perfect (Episode 7) Reviewed by E.A Olatoye on June 13, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Your comments and recommendations will be appreciated

Powered by Blogger.