REVELATION OF A PASTOR'S WIFE (part 8)​


I remembered our vows, I remembered the way he held my hands and said to me that ours will be for better for worse.

I remembered the way he preached, the way he talked about God, the way I stood and nodded in support of my husband.


I remembered the last time we made love.

I remembered his cold dark eyes, how he glanced at me, and kissed me so passionately.
For twelve years, I loved him wholeheartedly, prayed with him, and prayed for him.
I remembered my sweat, the evangelism, how I convinced people to join the church so we could make a large congregation.

These thoughts made a shiver run down my spine. I became sick instantly, as Abigail, the kids and I watched him break our wedding frame. He ordered the boys to burn them into ashes.


"David you are a bastard! man of God my foot! years back, you almost died when my sister refused to marry you. Now look, the devil has knocked your head again!" Abigail screamed.


But David acted like non of us existed. His eyes were hardened. The cool breeze that kissed my soft skin brought me back to reality.


"My lawyer is going to bring part of the money in our family account to you. I am no more interested in this marriage." David said huskily as he tried to wipe the sweat on his forehead, he said these words so lightly like it meant nothing.


"You will regret this! you will suffer! my God will punish you!" Abigail's comment instigated a train of thought that instantly perturbed him.


"I am a man of God." he retorted.


"You are a man of doom! Your greedy mother made you a pastor so that her husband's ministry won't be controlled by strangers. You should have been a Monkey!" Abigail's voice raised, as the kids laughed in unison.


He stared sternly at me and the kids for another ten seconds, sighed and walked away.


"Mummy, where is Daddy going?"


"To hell! he won't ever come back. " Abigail replied with a frowned face.


"Where is hell aunty Abigail?" Teye asked.

But Abigail didn't respond. She walked gently and sat right beside me. Cuddling me like a baby.

"all will be well adiaha eka." she said, almost whispering.


Five months passed, and all I did was fast and pray that God turns things around for my good.

Bitter resentment crawled inside of me, making my anger boil as it seemed as if God wasn't listening.


The next day was a program in church organized by International pastors wives the themed was tagged "when women pray."


"You should go mummy. I will take care of Teye" my first daughter Said as if she was a grown woman already.


I tickled her armpit in a funny way and she laughed, a hearty girlish laugh that showed her gap tooth.


"Mummy do me too." Teye said, lifting her two small hands up.


I stared at the two of them excitedly in amazement. 

Read the next part here

Credit: Vicky Bon U.
REVELATION OF A PASTOR'S WIFE (part 8)​ REVELATION OF A PASTOR'S WIFE (part 8)​ Reviewed by E.A Olatoye on May 22, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Your comments and recommendations will be appreciated

Powered by Blogger.