REVELATION FROM A PASTOR'S WIFE (part 6)


The cool air felt heavy against my bare arms, as if they were holding onto raindrops that were reluctant to fall. It was a cold Sunday evening, I sat comfortably under the comfort of my children's duvet, while I watched them sleep. Then I heard familiar voices in the sitting room. David and Ifeoma were back from church.

"Don't worry, she won't do anything to you. Take off your jacket, let's go inside."

David Instructed, serious faced as they entered the sitting room. Ifeoma sat quietly on the couch. Her heart skipped a bit when she saw me appear in the sitting room, immediately she sensed my watchful eyes, she became bold and confident.

"You should let me be please madam Ekom. it is not my fault that pastor wants me." she said in a shaky tone.


"Get prepared for where God will be taking you to Ifeoma. Very soon, you will be so ashamed of yourself, God has revealed to me how such a day will be."


"And I hope he also revealed to you that I have finally agreed to divorce you Ekom. You and your adopted kids should start packing."  David said, he didn't look directly at my face.


I flew on the center table firmly and slapped him twice on the Face.


" You and your Adulterous lover will leave this house of my sweat for me and my Children. I toiled with you! prayed that we grow together. I carried the sands of this house on my head, which led to my first and last miscarriage!


go to hell with your divorce paper, I am  God's own woman, I detest divorce. I will be patient. Go to hell with your church! with your lover! shame on you two! " I snapped at them, I was throwing curses at them. Tears rolled down my cheeks, I made choking sounds as I walked angrily into the Room. A film of sweat coated my entire body like a second skin.

The silence was broken only by the whir of the ceiling fan as it sliced through the still air.


David sat down and slowly lowered his head into his hands.


"Ekom, unbelievable. You mean David said these words to you?"

Pastor Felix asked. He has been David's childhood friend since the days of theological school. He founded a big church and had a large congregation too. Pastor Felix was a mature looking man, who had grey hairs and wore round spectacles at all times. He was a learned man of God who was highly respected. He was also the president of Pastors Forum.

"How can a church as big as Hills ministries condone such sinful act from their pastor? I am so disappointed to hear this. What did Lady Georgina say about this?" He asked in a baritone voice.


My eyes were heavy, and I was trying so hard to control tears from running out again.


"it's okay Ekom. I am really sorry. I need you to pray seriously now. You are a strong woman." he said as he patted my back softly.

"I am holding a pastor's meeting for this reason by tomorrow." He said authoritatively.

My nerves bit with frustration and tension. I was so ashamed that my marriage  was going to be discussed the next day at pastor's forum.

Continue with part 7 here


Credit: Vicky Bon
REVELATION FROM A PASTOR'S WIFE (part 6) REVELATION FROM A PASTOR'S WIFE (part 6) Reviewed by E.A Olatoye on May 20, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Your comments and recommendations will be appreciated

Powered by Blogger.